Monet, Cezanne, VanGogh with Watermedia
MONET, CÉZANNE, VAN GOGH WITH WATERMEDIA - Susan Giannantonio
Watercolor Art Society-Houston
1601 West Alabama at Mandell, Houston, TX 77006
CLICK TO REGISTER
Friday afternoons, January 26, February 9, 16, 23
2:00-5:00 pm $150 Wash Member, $190 Non-member
We can learn so much from the masters about beautiful application of color. Here’s our chance to apply some of their techniques to our own favorite painting themes. Work in your preferred watermedia; demos will cover acrylic and watercolor. All levels welcome.
- Paper: At least one watercolor pad, 9 x 12” or 10 x 14” of any favorite weight or brand. I enjoy painting on d’Arches rough. You might prefer cold press. You will need at least 1 full tablet. If you like to paint larger, you are welcome to do so. If you like to paint on canvas, you are welcome to do so. If you want to use full sheets, great!
- Favorite watermedia. You may paint in watercolor and/or acrylics. Demos will primarily be painted in watercolor with at least one demo painted in a watercolor style with acrylics.
- Brushes: a variety of favorites from small to large, according to the medium you’ll be using
- Wax: piece of candle
- Blue construction tape or drafting tape
- Toweling or paper towels
- 12-24 sheets printer paper or sketchbook at least as large as printer paper
- Any resource photos you’d enjoy interpreting in the style of these masters.
- Spray bottle
If you have questions about materials, please contact Susan at Lucholiz@gmail.com for guidance